If the Buyer has initiated a dispute or a claim, we recommend reaching out immediately to resolve the issue. Depending on the transaction details, the Seller can provide helpful information to the Buyer, such as a tracking number or shipping insurance. For payments processed by the integrated Stripe payment option, only eligible orders are covered by purchase/sale protections.
What’s Covered —
- Buyer claims the item was not delivered, but you’ve delivered the item and have proof of delivery.
- Buyer claims the item delivered was not as described, but the item condition was as described and you have proof.
- The transaction must have been conducted on-site using the integrated Stripe Payments Service.
- If the item was shipped, you must provide a tracking number and shipping insurance.
- If the item was delivered or picked up, you must produce a delivery receipt and have it signed by the Buyer.
- If the item was shipped or delivered, you must have the item delivered to the address denoted by the Buyer when they submitted the order request.
- The order was only marked as completed when the item was actually delivered.
How it Works —
- If a Buyer submits a dispute claim on an item you sold, Apartment Therapy’s Bazaar Support team, in accordance with Stripe, will email you directly to notify you about the claim. You can defend your sale by replying with all relevant transactions records: photos, receipts, shipping, tracking, etc. Stripe will review the claim and if approved in your favor, will release your sale funds to your connected Stripe Seller account.
- Please note that as the seller, you are responsible for any disputed transactions since you have the direct relationship with the Buyer. Only accept orders from Buyers you trust and keep detailed records pertaining to the transaction, shipping, delivery and pick-up.